REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
I – About DRG Search
DRG Search is a national executive search firm known for placing exceptional executive talent in nonprofit organizations nationwide. Since its founding in 1987, DRG Search has served over 1,000 clients throughout the nonprofit sector.
Learn more by visiting www.DRGSearch.com
II – Background
For more than 30 years, DRG Search has been working in partnership with nonprofits to help build their executive leadership teams. As we begin to rethink and reshape the impact that we want our company to have on filling the non-profit sector with top talent, we want to know that we help under-resourced organizations to have the best opportunity to deepen their impact on the world.
III – Eligibility Criteria
DRG Search will consider proposals from existing nonprofit organizations (501[c]) whose mission is to advance social, economic, racial or gender equity and empowerment, and demonstrates all the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicant must be hiring a CEO, Executive Director or the most senior member of its team that will oversee any of the following: Programs, Development, Technology or Marketing.
- Applicant organization must be headquartered within the Tri-State Area (NY, CT, NJ)
- Applicant organization must have an annual operating budget between $1M and $5M.
- Applicant organization must be willing to have the search named publicly and it must be pre-approved by the Board and requisite leadership.
Organizations not eligible to participate in the pro-bono search RFP application process:
- Past DRG Search clients
- Organizations currently working/in contract with another executive search firm
IV – Proposal Narrative
DRG Search is committed to a thorough RFP review process. Proposal applications will be assessed by a panel of DRG Search team members and nonprofit professionals who possess a diverse set of expertise. Reviewers will look for thoughtful and complete submissions of the following:
- A clear articulation of mission
- Articulation of commitment to the advancement of the constituency the organization serves
- A synthesized explanation of the programs offered to the community the organization serves
- Demonstration of the need to fill an existing role or explanation of the need for the newly created role for which the pro-bono search will be conducted
- Detailed history of working with executive search firms
- Short description of internal recruitment process
- History of role to be filled and degree of success, explanation of obstacles and other variables of its recruitment process
- Demonstration of creativity and innovation in organizational programs
- Internal diversity & inclusion policies
- Breakdown of primary funding sources (% individual/% foundations/% government)
- Annual budget with most recent 990 and Pro-Forma Calendar Year 2019 Budget
IV – Application Process
- Submit complete application by March 8th, 2019
- Only complete applications sent by submission deadline will be considered
- Complete application will include:
- Cover letter
- Organization’s General Information (Name, address, website)
- Proposal narrative (including answers to all of the above)
- Potential search committee members (bios)
- List of board members with contact information as well as other board/organization memberships.
- 2 statements of support from the following:
1 board member or funder
1 partner or served constituent
- Submission format: PDF
Submit applications to:
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE