Director of Research & Outreach
New York, New York
DRG is a talent advisory group. We serve nonprofit organizations that care for, inspire, and enrich the lives of people all over the world.
We start by deeply understanding the mission, culture, leadership, and goals of the organizations we serve. As partners to those organizations, DRG provides executive search, coaching, talent assessments, succession planning, and insights into compensation and organizational design.
Reporting to the Chief Strategy Officer, the Director of Research & Outreach (DR&O) is an integral member of the Senior Leadership Team. They are responsible for managing an ambitious, high-performing team of Research & Outreach Associates, and for working with other members of the Senior Leadership Team to build out new products, identify new strategies for efficiencies cross-firm, and to own the development, management and strategic implementation of our CRM.
The DR&O requires a highly motivated and organized professional who can multi-task effectively and demonstrates independent problem-solving skills. We are seeking an energetic professional who has proven experience wearing multiple hats.
Leadership and Team Development:
- Leads, develops, and manages a high-performing team; mentoring key junior level personnel, the DR&O will constantly help them hone their skills and actively support their professional growth.
- Evaluates the department’s workload in order to guarantee optimal candidate recruitment, managing the workflow and capacity, strategically assigning client searches and research projects to appropriate team members;
- Collaborates with research and outreach team as well as senior leadership in streamlining the candidate recruiting processes;
- Responsible for the quality of the screening and selection process for evaluating potential candidates;
- Lead the development and execution of candidate recruiting strategies that will guarantee that the business sources the topmost talent for our non-profit clients;
- Work with senior leadership to identify new opportunities to expand the networks thropiugh which we identify our candidate pools and hence improve the quality and diversity of talent brought to clients;
- Develop strategies and processes that utilize both traditional and innovative sources in order to cover all possible talent pools available to the business.
CRM Management & Analytics:
- Act as the company’s lead point on our CRM system for internal training and optimization;
- Liaise with senior leadership and vendor on ways to improve CRM efficiencies and usage firm-wide;
- Produce and analyze monthly CRM reports to identify opportunities for growth and/or improvement in key areas;
- Design and leverage key dashboard tracking analytics and impact metrics in order to grow a data-driven and technically skilled recruiting team;
- Create standardized reporting systems that will regularly lead to the identification of solutions and improvement areas for recruiting;
- Providing analytical insights for further decision making and strategy formulation.
- Work with Search Consultants to perform outreach and build pools of qualified candidates;
- Perform sector-specific research to inform the focus of research and the direction of candidate identification.
- A minimum five years work experience with a minimum of two years managing a team and mentoring employees;
- Creative researcher with background in recruiting;
- Self motivated, systems oriented, analytical thinker who believes in process while remaining nimble and flexible to respond to immediate needs;
- Team oriented person who proactively streamlines processes and maximizes output;
- Commitment to diversity in the workplace and has a profound understanding of expansive networking.
DRG Search LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Join our team!
Please submit a resume and cover letter via the form below.
DRG is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and encourages individuals off all different backgrounds to apply.